About Me

My photo
Victoria, BC, Canada
With Glowing Heart =my poli rants Mobius Meanders =my poetry Social Media Chat= well duh Fishing=travel/tourism/hospitality customer service stuff

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

9/11 Elegy


SEPT 11 ELEGY

crystal blue sunny skies, and the birds fly
out of the blue,crashing pain

horror
inferno
devastation

mind reels ignites
hurtling fear
slicing gashing
ripping asunder
a wound unimaginable

“Oh my God Oh my God!”

and then
incomprehensible
fury repeats

an instant
becomes eternity replays endlessly

death
fiery,leaping,choking,burning

praying

crashing collapsing destruction

again and again
we agonize why
we  lament

we weep unconsolable
for whom do we cry?

for the souls embarking
into the crystal blue skies

floating free spirits aloft

invincible souls
dwelling eternal
needing no earthly towers 

Do they need our tears
or do they weep for us?

c. 2001 Maggie Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment