About Me

My photo
Victoria, BC, Canada
With Glowing Heart =my poli rants Mobius Meanders =my poetry Social Media Chat= well duh Fishing=travel/tourism/hospitality customer service stuff

Friday, November 18, 2011

Blocked and Unfriended Abuses by Politicians


Have You Been “Blocked or “Unfriended ”
by a Canadian Politician?

If so – I want to hear about it.

I’ve been hearing from more and more people that a Canadian politician or candidate on municipal, provincial or  federal level, have “blocked” (twitter)  and “unfriended” (fb)  their constituents.

I think this is appalling. We pay their salaries. They are our employees. They have no right to refuse conversation and communciation with us.

So if you too have been a victim of this gross arrogance, I want to hear about it.

Please post comment (with or without personal information, as feels most comfortable to you). I won’t post your name without your express permission, but I want to investigate & compile list of which politicians have done this.

Thank you, 
Maggie

1 comment:

  1. I'm only slightly sympathetic with politicians who do this sort of blocking. Some people online will spend all day swamping another person with trolling behaviour, and Twitter and Facebook do not allow a person to be muted for an indefinite time, other than through outright unfriending or blocking.

    ReplyDelete